Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As a Sanitation Associate, you'll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
The Sanitation Worker will clean and sanitize the production area and the production equipment, ensuring that we meet good manufacturing standards. This position requires the use of high pressure cleaning equipment and the mixing of chemicals and solutions used for cleaning, sanitizing, scrubbing, and wiping surfaces in the production area. The Sanitation Worker will ensure that all machine and other utensils are clean prior to start up.
What you'll do...
- Perform general cleanup of all areas of the building as directed (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning, etc.)
- Remove garbage and recycling daily
- Ensure that the compactor area is free of all debris around the compactor
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing floor drains and test with sanitizer strength strips
- Carry out cleansing tasks and special projects
- Handle emergency cleaning as needed
- Refill hand towels, toilet paper as needed
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Other duties may be assigned
What we look for...
- 1 to 2 years of janitorial experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to work in a refrigerated warehouse
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Ability to operate manual and electric riding pallet jacks
- Willingness to work early morning or swing shift
- Strong attention to detail
- Integrity and ability to work independently
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Immediate access to earned wages through Daily Pay
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program