Acumen, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, and generous paid time off to those who qualify.
Agents at Acumen embody the organization’s mission of facilitating freedom, choice and opportunity for individuals with disabilities and their families. The Agent is responsible for growing Acumen’s presence in the self-directed community within their state, supporting clients to promote their success with self-direction in partnership with the organization, and ensuring contract compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the growth of existing and new programs through marketing, education and community outreach to potential recipients and social services organizations.
- Understand and stay up to date on the program rules, regulations and implementation needs while being able to effectively communicate and explain said rules to external stakeholders.
- Support clients during their enrollment process; process incoming and outbound paperwork and electronic communication through data entry into several databases with high accuracy.
- Provide timely and accurate day to day support to clients; receive, research, and gather thorough and accurate data to analyze and resolve all customer inquiries.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal guidelines including the management of all escalated issues with client families and states.
- Use strategic thinking to complete multiple tasks.
- Identify and share opportunities for process improvements and improved working conditions.
- Work well independently with limited supervision.
- Work a flexible work schedule, including but not limited to weekends, week nights and holidays.
- Perform other work related activities as assigned.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with all stakeholders, including clients, state entities, and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively and respectfully interact with client base that has varying levels of ability, educational backgrounds, authority, and ethnicities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to speak in public, including training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external customers to accomplish a task or reach an understanding diplomatically and respectfully.
- Read and interpret written information and procedural documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using accurate grammatical form.