Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Field Sales Representative to provide excellent customer service and support to maintain and grow accounts with regional retail and foodservice customers. This role reports to the Director of Sales.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. This role will grow sales through new customer acquisition, customer retention, and securing growth opportunities with current customers. The Field Sales Representative will be in contact daily with current and prospective customers. Prior experience in the produce, natural and organic food, and/or CPG industry preferred. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative company improving the 21st-century food system.
What You'll Do
- Regularly call on new and existing store accounts to manage relationships with buyers and merchandisers
- Provide support for merchandising and marketing support, inventory management, and assist with the execution of in-store promotions
- Open new store accounts in accordance with sales and growth strategy
- Develop strong relationships with customers, buyers, chefs, store employees as well as merchandising and distribution partners
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual volume and revenue targets
- Increase sales velocity with existing customers and secure new accounts
- Maintain constant and daily contact with key accounts
- Enter and update customer records in CRM software
- Manage Gotham Greens’ local in-store shopper marketing and demo programs to ensure that the company is maximizing its ROI and maintaining consistent branding and messaging at retailers across various regions
- Perform occasional in-store product demonstrations to introduce and educate consumers and store employees on Gotham Greens products and brand
- Work cross-functionally with marketing department on execution of brand and shopper marketing initiatives both in and out of store. Local and regional travel up to 50% of the time will be required in the territory focused on new business development, account management, and tradeshows as needed
Who You Are
- 2-3 years of relevant sales experience (CPG retail, produce preferred)
- A flexible schedule and ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision (some weekends and nights required)
- Impeccable organization and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Knowledgeable of the local and regional food industry
- Experience selling into retail, restaurants, hotels, cafes, and distributors
- Experience achieving monthly, quarterly, annual case volume, and revenue targets
- Experience working within retailer portals like iTrade, 1WorldSynch, and others
- Ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication, and presentation skills
- Passionate commitment to our principles of sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of nearly 400 is hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.