Training & Education Coordinator
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Immunization COVID 19 – CARES, Gotham Center, Long Island City NY, 11101)
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Training & Education Coordinator is responsible for instructing providers on the use of the CIR Online Registry for the COVID-19 Vaccine Program including completion and electronic signing of the Vaccine Provider Agreement, ordering vaccine, managing vaccine inventory, and reporting doses administered to the CIR.
- Create virtual training materials for providers related to use of CIR tools and functions for the Covid-19 vaccine program.
- Coordinate and deliver webinars focusing on the Covid-19 Vaccine Provider Agreement as well as vaccine ordering, inventory management and accountability, and reporting doses administered to the CIR.
- Conduct Covid-19 vaccine program provider recruitment and enrollment activities.
- Perform outreach to providers to resolve problems with ordering vaccine, managing vaccine inventory, and reporting doses administered to the CIR.
- Create and run database queries to generate information on Covid-19 vaccine ordering and CIR reporting.
- Conduct data analysis using CIR data.
- Perform other duties, as requested.
- Master’s degree required; MPH preferred
- Ability to explain complex information at an appropriate level for individuals and groups
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with SPSS, SQL or SAS
- Strong organizational and communication skills
There is a potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirements, including NYC residency.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, send resume, with cover letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position (here)
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to