Bachelors degree required. Master's degree and/or CFRE preferred.
At least 5-7 years of experience in philanthropy with demonstrated success in donor cultivation and solicitation; High degree of competency in moves management, major gift development, donor communications, and campaign strategy required. Preference given to an alumna of Mount St. Joseph University.
Working knowledge in fundraising strategies and techniques as endorsed by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Exhibits a donor first orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and prospect/donor needs and expectations; anticipates and identifies prospect/donor needs
- Available for evening and/or weekend work as necessary
- Communicates, cooperates, and collaborates with others to achieve department goals and University Strategic Plan Objectives
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Institutional Advancement Division as required during high service demand times
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to compassion, kindness, and respect for all persons
- Develops and nurtures an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with prospects/donors, students, faculty, and co-workers, maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Comfortable with written and verbal communication; experience with public speaking and presentation
- Maintains a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary, assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Accomplishes tasks with follow through to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM systems (Raiser's Edge preferred)
- Demonstrates understanding of and aptitude for the use of data in reporting and analyzing trends
- Must have basic competency in budgeting and financial forecasting and modeling
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
High-level customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work; regional travel for prospect and donor visits
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer