To perform this job successfully, the individual must have strong programming skills and be able to understand, analyze, and translate a client’s functional needs into technical solutions using code, database queries, workflows, API integrations, and other programming technology. The individual needs to have strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills, and be able to quickly learn to use new technologies. The individual must be dependable and quality conscious; demonstrating accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail, and must be able to work effectively with moderate supervision.
To perform this job successfully, the individual needs to have the correct qualifications and be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or similar alternative qualifications.
- Three (3) years or more of application development experience creating custom programming with standard Microsoft development tools.
- Experience writing stored procedures, functions, and triggers with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience writing queries and developing custom reports in the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services environment.
- Ability to consult with clients and discover project requirements from verbal and/or written communication; documenting the requirements for approval.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical situations – identifying problems and working with staff to recommend and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documentation, technical procedures, and governmental regulations and apply them to Logan’s administrative needs.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to maintain productive working relationships at all levels of the institution through strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work effectively in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadlines.
- As this position will have access to technology and data regarding student and/or patient records, this individual must maintain data privacy and enforce FERPA and HIPAA requirements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
May be called upon in emergencies, and for occasional evening and weekend work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear when working with staff. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to use a computer and to do required paperwork. The employee is frequently required to sit while working at the computer or doing paperwork. Employee must regularly use hands to work on a computer, handle files and documents, and make use of other office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl to reach for files. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move files or other objects weighing up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment for this position is a shared indoor office environment with a low to moderate noise level. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days, sick days, at all locations; and to work with administration in the attainment of the University’s missions and goals.