POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Sexual Health and HIV Prevention Services, the Biomedical Prevention Program Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination of PrEP Express (PrEP and PEP navigation services) at APLA Health & Wellness’ clinics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides supervisory duties to program staff including, but not limited to:
- Hiring program staff
- Training new program staff
- Conducting employee evaluations
- Dispensing disciplinary action up to and including the termination of program staff
- Approval of time off/vacation requests
- Developing training plans
- Setting yearly program objectives/goals
Oversee PrEP Express program intake and assessment activities including, but not limited to:
- Introduction of PrEP Express
- Insurance screening
- Benefits navigation/enrollment (PrEP-AP, Medi-Cal, Covered California) activities where appropriate or link individuals to the agency’s Benefits Specialists for uninsured clients
- Enrollment of eligible clients in patient assistance programs
- Healthy Literacy Screening
- Follow-up schedule
- Discontinuation counseling
- Linkages to other non-PrEP related services (substance use/misuse treatment, behavioral health, prevention services)
Assesses implementation progress and the quality of PrEP Express services and make recommendations for program enhancement/growth.
Monitor PrEP Express program performance and quality ensuring that contractual goals/objectives are met.
Participation in programmatic strategic planning for PrEP Express.
Develops and monitors program budget.
Serve as liaison to APLA Health Clinical staff by advocating on behalf of client needs.
Collect, document and report client level data in Casewatch in a timely manner.
Demonstrate competency in utilization of computer/database systems including eCW.
Prepare monthly reports to funders.
Develops and implements program evaluation and quality improvement plans in collaboration with the Coordinator, Evaluation.
Provide input into the development and design, layout of social marketing materials supporting PrEP Express activities, including but not limited to; program flyers, website, publicity campaigns, monthly calendars and other materials as needed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.