Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative.When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We don’t want this to just be your job, but the start of your career! We believe this is why we were voted as one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work for 2022!
What you'll be doing:
The Desktop Support Technician III will be responsible for supporting end-user I.T. desktops, notebooks, VoIP phones, handheld smart devices, printers and other hardware, operating systems, and associated software. Serves as primary help desk technician with the ability to troubleshoot issues throughout the company as well as maintain regularly scheduled maintenance cycles on end-user I.T. hardware and software.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Respond to, troubleshoot, repair and document resolution of all end-user I.T. hardware, operating system, and software issues.
- Conduct responsibilities and duties with a high level of customer service.
- Determine root cause of end-user I.T. hardware and software issues.
- Efficient deployment of end-user I.T. hardware and software to individuals or large groups of individuals in local and local remote offices.
- Evaluate end-user I.T. hardware and software to determine its effectiveness for end-users.
- Regularly track, recommend, and perform end-user hardware and software upgrades.
- Work with 3rd party support technicians to efficiently achieve end-user issue resolutions.
- Effectively troubleshoot end-user I.T. hardware and software issues in an individual setting.
- Contribute resolutions, answers, and ideas to larger group of technicians.
- Support local remote locations through company WAN and on-site visits.
- Perform basic server level functions such as new user creation and folder and file permission settings.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Maintain asset information in a provided asset database.
- Participate in after-hours 24x7 on-call rotation for multiple locations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in computer related area of study.
- 5 years’ experience with technical customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a collaborative small team environment preferred.
- Experience working individually to resolve complex issues.
- Experience working with employees of all experience levels, including executive/c-suite employees.
- 5+ years’ experience working with and troubleshooting the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows XP operating system and newer and associated software including, but not limited to Vista and Windows 7 (Industry certifications preferred: MCP, MCSE, etc.) in an environment with 50+ systems.
- Microsoft Office 2003 and newer including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio (Industry certifications preferred: MCP, MCSE, etc.)
- Adobe Products including, but not limited to Reader, Illustrator, Photoshop
- IBM PC hardware repair and upgrades including, but not limited to SATA and IDE hard drives, RAM, Intel and AMD CPUs, CD and DVD drives, keyboards, monitors, mice and other peripherals on desktop and notebook computers (Industry certifications preferred: A+, etc.)
- Experience with Apple hardware, operating system and software preferred
- Network printers, scanners and copiers
- Trend Micro Anti-virus
- Research In Motion Blackberry hardware, operating system and device and desktop software
- Apple iPhones and iPad hardware, operating system and device and desktop software
- Valid NC Driver’s License required to drive personal vehicle to other CK locations, vendor establishments, and training sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; write; type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to indoor conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to mechanical moving parts and electrical current.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.