Join our Surge Team Roster
Medical Teams International is in the process of establishing a global emergency roster to build a pool of experienced and qualified candidates.
Candidates applying to this position are indicating that they are interested in being considered for the Medical Teams International standby deployable roster for emergency response. Humanitarian professionals on the roster will have a demonstrated background in emergency response and complex humanitarian programming who are able to deploy on short notice for periods of up to 3-6 months. This position will not be compensated unless the roster member is deployed to a humanitarian response.
Recruitment to join the Humanitarian Surge Roster at Medical Teams International includes: criminal records background checks, references, and COVID-19 vaccinations. Additional required vaccinations, licensures, and a passport with expiry date in excess of one year are required for eligibility on the Roster.
Surge Roster - Medical Coordinator
The role of the Surge Medical Coordinator is to ensure quality implementation and technical supervision of all health and nutrition programming at the country level. Takes the lead in country health and nutrition strategy, proposal development, coordination with other actors, monitoring quality, drug supply, staff development, reporting, community engagement and accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Team Lead/Program Manager, senior management, and field teams to determine operational needs and provide leadership in the overall development of the health and nutrition strategy in line with the organization strategy.
- Monitor the country health context and provide technical guidance to ensure programming includes preparedness, contingency planning, ensuring capacity to respond to new outbreaks or emergencies.
- Monitor program quality and evaluate health and nutrition service delivery objectives, indicators and outcomes of the country programs; Make program adjustments as needed to align with donor and Medical Teams requirements.
- Lead the development and improvement of clinical and public health standards and protocols, including the required personnel capacity, training, and coaching.
- Develop local tools and systems that are in line with Medical Teams and global quality programming indicators, objectives, and outcomes.
- (Utilize Unit 4 ERP system to analyze supply need and) oversee timely procurement of equipment and adequate drug supply in accordance with consumption needs, national drug protocol and program budget
- Assist in implementing HR functions related to staff management (hiring, onboarding, training, promotion, disciplinary action, termination) and ensure training, capacity building and overall professional development of health and nutrition staff based on assessed needs
- Represent Medical Teams at national coordination forums, health and nutrition coordination meetings, task force meetings and other partner coordination meetings and communicate relevant information back to staff, management team and HQ technical team.
- Identify potential partners, collaborative approaches and maintain relationships as first point of contact with the local health authorities, local donor technical teams and any potential local partners.
- Act as last line clinical consultation and make recommendations for referrals for specialized care.
- Lead production of site and donor reports including compiling and analyzing data, compiling narrative and analysis in direct collaboration with the M&E Team and HQ Health Advisor
- Lead sector country strategy and project design development for new donor concept notes, proposals, and budgeting processes at the local/regional level in collaboration with the HQ Health Advisor
- Ensure any direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building and professional development opportunities and conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per Medical Teams policy.
- Ensure accountability is integrated into country strategies, program design, monitoring and evaluations, recruitment, staff onboarding, training and performance management, partnership agreements, and highlighted in reporting.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and Employee Code of Conduct policies
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.