Suite Attendant Server
Hourly Wage (Including Gratuity)
Average $16.00-$32.00 per hour
Suite Attendant Servers are the catering operators of the AMSOIL Arena Suites during sporting events and concerts! They are responsible for efficiently running food and beverage services during an event, from set up, serving, cleanup and providing guests with an exceptional experience.
Requirements and Competencies
- Respond courteously and promptly to customer needs
- Ability to ensure an elevated level of customer service
- Ability to adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to move quickly throughout the complex
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- There are no minimum education requirements for this position
Preferred Education and Experience
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.)
- Responsible for providing exceptional hospitality while serving food and beverage to all suite holders and single game renters during events hosted at the AMSOIL Arena
- Responsible for performing exceptional customer service and ensuring prompt and friendly service
- Able to communicate courteously to all customers to go beyond their needs
- Assist with all catering functions and perform all positions required
- Serve hors d'oeuvres and/or set up, monitor, and serve a buffet line as needed
- place orders from the point-of-sale system
- Provide alcohol services to Suites guests
- Responsible for clearing suites and service areas
- Perform opening and closing duties
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Always create and maintain a professional and hospitable appearance and atmosphere
- Follow sanitation, health, and safety protocols
This position is part time with a schedule based on DECC event needs. The most hours available are from October to April. This position is mostly afternoon, evening, and weekend shifts and may include some weeknights and holidays. You may work up to 28 hours per week, there is no guarantee of hours. The DECC cannot always schedule a definite ending time due to the nature of the events, but an estimated time will be provided. Availability for UMD Hockey games is essential.
The uniform includes a pressed button-up shirt and nametag provided by the DECC, employees must wear black dress pants (no leggings or jeans) and black shoes, non-slip shoes are recommended (plain black tennis shoes are acceptable). Long hair must be pulled back.
While performing the duties of this job, you will frequently be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can occasionally be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, you are required to stand and to use your hands and arms to carry loaded food, drink, and dish trays. You must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You will also be bending, reaching, crouching, and pushing carts. A Server must be able to navigate crowded areas safely and quickly. There will be long stretches of standing in place.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Successful completion of a background check
- Successful completion of a drug test, if applicable
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
The DECC uses USCIS Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee is required to present the DECC with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization at the time of hire. The DECC will examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s).
The list of acceptable documents can be provided by Human Resources.
This position is at will. This means if you are offered the position and accept, your employment with the DECC is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by you or the DECC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this job description or any other policy of the DECC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at will employment status of this position.
The at will employment status of an employee of the DECC may be modified only in a written employment agreement with that employee which is signed by the Executive Director or the Chair of the DECC Board of Directors.
By your signature below, you acknowledge your understanding that your employment with the DECC is at will, and that nothing in this description is intended to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied.
The DECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualification and ability. The DECC does not discriminate in employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. The DECC will follow any state or local law that provides greater protection. This policy is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. The DECC is committed to taking all other actions necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and all other applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Type of Position
Type of Employment
Food & Beverage Manager