Acumen, LLC. is one of the nation's leading fiscal agents offering a portfolio of innovative financial management services backed by superior customer service. Our passion is to help people lead independent lives through exceptional participant-directed programs.
Acumen is a great place to work. Our employees make a positive difference in our client’s lives by what they do. Among many benefits to working here, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
Acumen is currently looking for an Applications Architect. This individual will be required to have a high level of technical expertise, combined with excellent analytical and communication skills, and have the ability to work on teams.
Practitioners must have experience with relevant development tools and specific application and system architecture, in addition to a strong understanding of software design. Experienced in all phases of web application analysis, design, documentation and testing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designing major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure
- Providing technical leadership to the application development team
- Performing design and code reviews
- Ensuring that uniform enterprise wide application design standards are maintained
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure the architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Software/application analysis, design, documentation and testing
- Contribute to or author technical documentation including functional requirements specifications, use cases, test cases and plans, workflow diagrams and wireframes
- Lead and/or participate in technical design discussions
- Ownership of the requirements gathering, analysis and documentation stages of new projects
- Ability to act as a technical support escalation point with an aptitude for troubleshooting and analysis
- Ensure all designs comply with architecture standards, guidelines and meet the necessary governance and compliance.
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve the way we collaborate. Actively seek ways to improve processes. Welcome feedback and respond in a positive way
- Support decisions with the best interests of the team in mind. Participate and share points of views and opinions in an open, honest and respectful manner. Recognize and celebrate the success of co-workers and the team
- Foster and maintain a highly collaborative relationships with fellow employees and vendors
KEY TECHNOLOGIES AND SKILLS:
- Technical Specification Writing
- Process modeling/workflow and associated tools
- Microsoft Azure