Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
- Preparing snow venue surfaces as assigned by snow venue manager or supervisor to meet the needs of the user groups for training and events to ensure they meet National and International technical standards and expectations of UOP and user groups.
- Helping maintain the snow cats for daily use including pre-trip checks and logging, scheduled and preventative maintenance.
- Assist with all aspects associated with snow venue and sport user groups, snowmaking & grooming, safety, snow retention, hill preparation, maintenance, repairs, and event setup and teardown summer and winter.
- Assist in ski run/trail summer maintenance including heavy equipment operation, revegetation, clearing, weed mitigation, and pre-winter preparations for ecofriendly snow making.
- Completing and logging daily venue surface condition and maintenance logs.
- Help keep UOP property including cat shop, grounds, buildings, machines, and vehicles clean and organized.
- Assist with other UOP operations when requested by manager and or supervisor when appropriate.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- 3 Years winch cat experience - Pisten Bully Winch preferred.
- Basic maintenance of Pisten Bully.
- Snowmobile and side by side operations on a mountain
- Ski run snow surface preparation and maintenance.
- Ability to ski at Advanced level.
- Willing to work extended hours during major sport events as well as weather events.
- Knowledge of radio protocol.
- Able to work in extreme cold winter and hot summer conditions.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work with all user groups and employees in a friendly (UOP 1 Team) manner.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing to converse with others in a normal conversation.
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Fire extinguisher use
- Lock out / Tag out
- Lift operations
- Working safely on steep slopes
- Vehicle / ATV operations / heavy equipment
- Snow Cat pre-trip inspection logging
- Crampon use
- HazWopper training
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.