Briya is committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our organization and the communities we serve. We embrace diversity of experiences, ideas, and individuals, and seek to bring a diverse group of candidates to the table.
Important Note: Briya is mandating the COVID-19 vaccine + booster for all staff.
The Registration Coordinator provides administrative support to the registration team and is responsible for student registration and placement testing at Briya Public Charter School a leading two-generation education program serving immigrant parents and their young children in Washington, D.C. Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming.
The Registration Coordinator is responsible for making calls to prospective students, scheduling appointments, inputting student data, registering students for ESOL, early childhood, and workforce programs and providing workforce CASAS testing assistance all in support of the ultimate team goal of reaching annual student count targets and maintaining enrollment throughout the year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Administrative Registration Tasks
- Be team lead for ongoing, phone-based registration activities.
- Answer questions regarding registration and eligibility from staff, prospective and current students as needed.
- Obtain new ESL and Workforce student leads from various locations daily (email, texts, incoming calls, eCW pilot program spreadsheet).
- Manage two Registration Team google voice accounts and follow up on missed calls, voicemails, and text messages.
- Screen prospective students to ensure all prospective students meet enrollment criteria, including proof of DC residency.
- Place timely phone calls in support of registration and outreach initiatives:
- Contact new ESL and WF leads on interest list within 48 hours of their expressed interest to schedule them for an appointment (ESL); orient on next steps (Workforce).
- Make calls for the Marys Center eCW outreach program as needed.
- Communicate the registration process to prospective students when making appointments for the ESL and Workforce programs.
- Send out registration appointment reminder calls or texts as required.
- Maintain and update master registration schedule.
- Schedule registration appointments for prospective students.
- Regularly review master schedule and communicate schedule status and appointment availability to Registration Team.
- Work with Admin Coordinators and Outreach Team to participate in the calls made to current student for re-enrollment and open enrollment efforts such as One Calls, cold calls, etc.
New Student Registration Tasks
- Always implement the registration process for the ESL and Workforce programs:
- Ensure all prospective students meet the enrollment criteria, particularly including proof of DC residency. Collect and upload proof of address for every student. Work with the Registration and Workforce Strategy Manager to ensure all necessary proof of address and home visit forms are completed to meet enrollment deadline as needed.
- Collect required documents for WF classes such as: high school diploma, health records.
- Assist students in completing all components of the data entry process for their program of interest as needed. Fill out forms with new students.
- Coordinate and ensure interpretation is available for registering students as requested.
- Work with the Registration and Workforce Strategy Manager to invite registering families to scheduled tours and introduce them to staff as available.
- Refer special registration cases for all programs to the Registration and Workforce Strategy Manager.
- Regularly communicate registration appointment availability to the Registration and Workforce Strategy Manager.
- Manage registration tasks specific to Workforce students:
- Schedule prospective workforce applicants, in order of waitlist, for testing appointment; reschedule as needed.
- Complete in person CASAS entry tests for incoming Workforce classes.
- Communicate pass/fail results to Registration and Workforce Strategy Manager and make calls to students as needed.
- Communicate with WF coordinators, teachers, and IT about the class list prior to class start date, for example, but not limited to, how many students have tested, how many have completed registration, how many are fully enrolled, who has dropped out of the class and any other special cases
- Help complete/train WF teachers and staff on CASAS testing for new students
- Upload all registration packets to SharePoint throughout the year.
- Manage registration tasks specific to ESL 2-gen students.
- Conduct registration interviews (onboard in SIS).
- Administer ESL placement tests.
- Provide assistance with new student orientations and welcome calls as needed.
- Record all prospective student interactions in SIS.
- Ensure the accurate collection of student information required for their program of interest. This includes, but is not limited to, information communicated through phone calls, information added to paper forms, Salesforce, CASAS system, Proof of Address collected, etc.
- Input test results into SIS after completing in person CASAS entry exams for incoming Workforce class.
- Input data into SIS after filling out paper forms with new students.
- Take on additional projects and responsibilities to meet the schools needs and enrollment goals as requested, prioritizing and adjusting the workload in partnership with the Registration and Workforce Strategy Manager and the Director of Outreach & Registration.
- Assist with team, school, and community distributions as needed.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and represent Briyas values in all communication with prospective students.
- Attend and participate in all Briya staff meetings, trainings, and retreats, preparing and presenting registration updates as needed.