QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Solves problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Ability to organize & multitask effectively.
- Superior communication skills, verbal and in writing with coworkers and clients.
- Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures in a calm and efficient manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two years related hotel/resort industry experience and/or training.
- High school or GED graduate.
- Catering, conference services experience a plus.
- Ability to read, comprehend and provide instructions, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals and all sizes of groups (i.e., clients, customers, guests, associates, managers etc.).
COMPUTER SKILLS (FOR ADMINISTRATION OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS):
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Maestro, and Delphi experience a plus.
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet applications.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must have valid Food Handler Certification.
- TIPs certification preferred.
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at Resort ranges from wintertime lows of 30 degrees to summertime highs to 80+ degrees. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GROOMING & UNIFORM:
Some positions will be required to wear uniforms. Uniforms are the property of Resort. Uniforms that have been tampered or destroyed will be the responsibility of the employee and disciplinary action will apply.
- Hair must be clean and kept at a reasonable length.
- All Food Servers and Culinary personnel must wear their hair tied back.
- No extreme dying or bleaching of hair is permitted.
- Fingernails must be clean and well-trimmed at all times.
- Antiperspirant or deodorant must be worn.
- Cologne or perfume may be worn at a minimum.
- Nametags must always be worn unless your department has a specific policy to the contrary.