The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Immunization COVID 19 – CARES, Gotham Center, Long Island City NY, 11101)
The mission of the Bureau of Immunization (BOI) is to prevent the occurrence and transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases, such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, influenza, human papillomavirus, and invasive pneumococcal disease, through immunization.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, BOI is developing and implementing a COVID-19 vaccination campaign to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the health care system and the NYC community. The campaign will focus on the equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccine, ensuring access to the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
The Vaccine Management Coordinator for BOI will conduct activities critical to the success of the COVID-19 vaccination campaign. The incumbent will work with adult vaccine providers and facilities to ensure they are able to order, receive and store covid-19 vaccine. The Vaccine Management Coordinator will assist adult vaccine providers in placing vaccine orders, review and approve vaccine orders in collaboration with the Clinical Planning and Operations and the Vaccine Management Teams, and coordinate and ensure receipt of vaccine orders by the providers.
- Conduct outreach to adult vaccine providers, including federally qualified health centers and hospitals, to evaluate vaccine ordering capabilities and to assist with placing vaccine orders.
- Receive and review vaccine requests from adult vaccine providers.
- Under the guidance of the Clinical Planning and Operations and the Vaccine Management Teams, approve vaccine orders.
- Verify receipt of vaccine by providers.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to vaccine providers in storing and handling vaccine.