A mission-driven organization, Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry (LMM) serves people in Northeast Ohio and walks with them on their road to self-sufficiency. LMM helps empower people to overcome barriers, obtain job skills, gain employment, locate safe and stable housing, access counseling and support services, stay out of prison, and secure second chances in community. Our mission is to promote shalom (peace, well-being) and justice (right relationships) through a Christian ministry of service and advocacy with those who are oppressed, forgotten and hurting.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general maintenance & up-keep of the building site. This includes some exterior duties as well as interior building duties.
Some of the duties include:
- Routinely maintain all large systems (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.), according to LMM maintenance schedule
- Routinely perform warm-weather landscape maintenance, as needed
- Performs regular building inspection as assigned to ensure safety of all staff, clients & visitors
- Performs incidental maintenance, repairs, installations and building duties as assigned
- Identify potential maintenance issues and bring them to attention of Maintenance Supervisor
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all RSC staff
- Availability for emergency situations is necessary
Some of the required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Some training or experience with facilities maintenance helpful
- Ability to go up and down stairs and do the physical reaching, bending and climbing that is necessary to perform these duties
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance preferred
- High attention to detail and deadlines
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with others
Our ideal candidate has a High School Diploma or GED. The candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks and follow direction. Knowledge or experience in related fields a plus.
LMM offers a number of benefits for full time staff including, but not limited to: medical dental, vision, disability, life, generous paid time off, and a 403 (b) retirement savings plan. LMM embraces cultural diversity and is Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran, and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Join our team! Go to www.lutheranmetro.org/employment to complete an online application and attach a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume. Applications accepted until position is filled. The hourly rate for this position is $15.00. Applications accepted until position is filled.