This position will remain open until sufficient qualified applicants are received. Initial screening will begin on September 19, 2021. To ensure first consideration, please be sure to submit your online application by this date. Remote Work available upon Approval.
This position is responsible for analyzing and evaluating new cloud implementations to ensure they integrate properly with existing platforms and systems. Analyze current technologies, tools, and processes in use by the unit to propose cloud conversion, improvements, changes, or optimizations that result in a cost and process-efficient operation. Provide support to the Information Technology team while troubleshooting situations or breakdowns that could arise. Conduct proofs of concepts to test prospective cloud solutions. Assist IT Managers in monitoring special cloud projects, ensuring their execution is on time and within budget.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Plan, design, install, configure, maintain, document, and administer all cloud-based technologies and their related systems and integrations.
- Monitor and analyze the capabilities, security, and performance of all cloud-systems. This includes researching, evaluating, and testing emerging trends, tools, and capabilities and providing recommendations on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within Sno-Isle Libraries to ensure IT capabilities respond to the Library’s business strategy.
- Proactively assess current organizational opportunities with demonstrated ability to understand business processes and identify opportunities to improve processes through cloud-based technologies.
- Receive and process requests for support services related to the position’s area of responsibility. This includes determining the urgency of service requests for continuity of customer service, suggesting actions to users to overcome technical problems, and diagnosing the issue for assignment to appropriate staff.
- Work closely with other IT staff as needed to gather information to respond to, track, and follow-up on requests to ensure issues are resolved.
- Improve customer satisfaction levels for all customers as needed and provide tier-three client support for Help Desk tickets.
- Plan, create, improve, and maintain procedures and documentation related to administration of software applications, system and architecture design, implementation and back-out plans, user management, and system release management.
- Lead cloud service-related projects to include requirements gathering and assessment, high- level design, effort estimations, and ROI analysis.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships related to the position’s area of responsibility on behalf of Sno-Isle Libraries.
- Develop scripts to automate the deployment to production of resources and associated configurations when possible.
- Work with IT Managers to develop the mission and vision of Sno-Isle IT cloud services to foster a service-oriented culture and growth mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Assist in the development of the IT cloud services strategy and roadmap and ensure its integration with the overall Library and IT strategic plans.
- Provides support to sustain and promote implementation of organizational and user change management methodologies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide staff backup in the support of system-wide software systems.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and networks with colleagues locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Participate in a rotating schedule of providing weekend technical support to library staff.
- Attend appropriate continuing education trainings and classes to maintain a high level of technical competence needed to perform the duties required.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops as assigned.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position reports to the IT Enterprise Infrastructure and Operations Manager. The position does not supervise the work of others but is required to lead project teams.