The St. Louis Jewish Community Center (the J) has been providing excellent health and cultural experiences for the entire community for over 140 years. Members and program participants enjoy access to state-of-the-art facilities and programs, arts, and sports experiences. Employees enjoy a large range of benefits including a complimentary membership! The Js culture is warm and inclusive to all, employees are safe being who they are at work. Be a part of this amazing team and community.
New Jewish Theatres Youth Program is an educational performance-based program teaching children skills in self-confidence, teamwork, active, music and dance. The Assistant Director support the Director for the program.
- Working with the Director to help to assign parts. Assignments should match to cast members strengths and interests. All participants are cast.
- Along with the Director, plan rehearsal details and conduct rehearsals and performances in a fun but safe manner. Communicate plans with cast, crew and Youth Theatre Coordinator.
- Together with the Director, block the show and teach to cast.
- Assist actors with character development while sharing with them the vision for the show.
- Ensure all materials are gathered and put away after rehearsals and performances. Ensure any materials that must be returned are accounted for.
- Know and understand all safety procedures of the J. Lead the participants in the event of an emergency.
- Attend all training and meetings as required. Attend all rehearsals and performances.