At Gotham Greens, we are 'reimagining how and where fresh food is grown. We are looking for an IPM Specialist to join us in doing what we do best - grow fresh produce in sustainable, high-tech greenhouses.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. In this role as IPM Specialist, you will perform all functions of the integrated pest management program including administration, scheduling, inspections, sampling, treatments, inventories, equipment maintenance, and record-keeping. This role supports the Head Grower in managing our IPM program and assists with other areas of greenhouse operations as needed to achieve best-in-class yields and quality.
What You'll Do
- Focus on preventative programs scouting, sanitation, cultural practices and staying ahead of seasonal trends
- Oversee beneficial insect program rates, ordering, and release
- Work with our Head Grower to determine treatments for any issues that arise in the greenhouse
- Effectively operate, calibrate and maintain all the IPM related equipment
- Oversee all scouting and monitoring
- Communicate all plans and any issues to the appropriate team members
- Oversee and complete all required company and food safety record keeping
- Comply with all Federal Worker Protection Standards
- This is a hands-on role and supports additional greenhouse related weekly operational tasks
Who You Are
- Prior experience in commercial greenhouses preferred
- Experience in CEA and leafy greens preferred
- Experience using various biological controls to maintain pest pressures under threshold
- Working knowledge of data collection and analysis using Excel in order to prevent outbreaks and mitigate losses
- Maintain state agricultural certificate and uphold Worker Protection Standards as necessary
- College graduate or equivalent trade school credentials in horticulture related field
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Ability to crouch, kneel and stand for extended periods of time
- Available to work weekends and work flexible hours as required
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 95% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.