American Conservatory Theater is an essential gathering place that brings artists and communities together to inspire and provoke. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Pam MacKinnon and Executive Director Jennifer Bielstein, A.C.T.’s mission is to engage the spirit of the San Francisco Bay Area, activate stories that resonate, promote a diversity of voices and points of view, and empower theater makers and audiences to celebrate liveness. A.C.T. values inclusion, transformational learning, participation, and rigorous fun. A.C.T. is a Tony Award–winning nonprofit theater serving almost 200,000 people in the San Francisco Bay Area annually through theater, training, and education and community programs.
Position Purpose: As a key member of the marketing team, the Director of Ticketing & Sales Operations works closely with the Marketing and Audience Services teams to develop and implement strategies that increase revenue from single and subscription sales, grow audiences and drive patron loyalty. The Director of Ticket Services oversees the Toni Rembe and Strand box offices as well as single ticket, group sales, and subscription ticketing operations and policy, including hiring, training, payroll, and scheduling of Box Office and Subscription Office employees, and customer dispute resolution. This is a full-time, exempt position. Must be willing to work some weekends and evenings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and execute data-driven strategies that maximize single and season ticket sales through effective pricing, scale of house, inventory management and demand management practices.
- Forecast revenue from single and season ticket sales for all A.C.T. productions and
- Generate and Analyze daily single and season ticket sales reports, participating in weekly revenue pacing meetings with senior leadership to monitor and maintain progress against goals.
- Provide the Director of Marketing logistical and operational support in carrying out new marketing, sales and customer service initiatives.
- Provide operational support for the Education Department’s Student Matinee and workshops programming, supervising the SMAT Coordinator, and assisting with sales reporting and ticketing.
- Coordinate with the I.T. department on administrating Tessitura (A.C.T.’s ticketing and CRM system), with a particular focus on pricing, promotional offerings, subscription, group and single ticketing, and training of Ticket Services personnel.
- Supervise the Group Sales Manager to create excellent group experiences that grow new and recurring revenue and support promotional and community partnership opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop strategies that expand the diversity of A.C.T’s audiences.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to conduct and analyze market and audience research to forecast trends, capture demographic / behavioral data, monitor perception of the A.C.T. brand and its productions/programs and evaluate progress against goals.
- Collaborate with key internal A.C.T departments such as Development and Conservatory on inventory management, pricing, handling of major donors/VIP’s and other related matters.
- Box Office Manager
- Group Sales
- Subscriptions Manager