JOB SUMMARY: Assist Director of Group Sales and Sales and Catering team in all the administrative functions
- Sitting: Frequently. Standard office furniture
- Standing/Walking: Occasionally. To transfer documents, files, memos to other parts of the hotel
- Crouching: Occasionally. Place or retrieve items from floor or lower shelves.
- Stooping: Frequently. To place or retrieve files.
- Twisting: Frequently. Conversing with guests, working on computer
- Handling: Frequently. Typing, computer keyboard, papers, files, phone
- Grasping: Frequently. Opening doors and drawers.
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally. 20 lbs – chairs, file drawers, filing systems.
- Lifting/Carrying: Occasionally. 10 lbs – dockets, ledgers, binders, data and small tools.
- Interior of hotel, in all areas of the hotel.
- Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare room blocks, proposals, confirmations, thank-you letters, rooming lists, etc.
- Follow through on all groups coming into the hotel. Check room blocks, advance deposits and any other information that is required in that category.
- Prepare detailed group histories for groups that are considering Hotel Valencia.
- Responsible for the administration of the Frequent Stay Program (when developed)
- Maintain integrity of cost controls and proper maintenance of assets
- Attend required meetings
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Be extremely courteous to all customers and fellow employees
- Report unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately
- Maintain hotel equipment in proper working conditions.
- Any other duties assigned by your immediate supervisor