Youth Development Professional Floater Position
The YDP is responsible for planning, implementing, and supervising all youth development related activities and events, for supervising members in the building and related areas, for exercising due care for Boys & Girls Clubs' property, and for preparing reports as needed. YDP floater will work at various clubhouse locations depending on need. ( Calderon, Eastside, Mays, Candlewood, or Jubilee)
1. Leads and executes the implementation of Boys and Girls Club curricula and programs focused on three priority outcomes: academic success, good character and citizenship and healthy lifestyles.
2. Leads and executes coordinated and integrated activities and events for members of the club and community as well as family engagement opportunities.
3. Takes responsibility for assigned program area (Learning Center, Art Room, Game Room, Gym, Tech Lab, etc.) and has the flexibility to work in other program areas as needed.
4. Ensures program areas are always safe, engaging and properly maintained.
5. Ensures all program data requirements are completed in a timely and consistent manner.
6. Promotes and stimulates membership and participation in activities in the club.
7. Supports volunteers who assist with the implementation of program activities.
8. Establish positive relationships with all stakeholders including youth, parents, volunteers, schools, and community partners.
9. Provides positive, informal guidance and mentorship.
10. Effectively communicates the goals, objectives, programs and activities of the club to stakeholders.
11. Takes responsibility for assigned equipment and supplies.
12. To perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
1. HS Diploma required.
2. 40+ college hours preferred.
3. 2+ years experience implementing youth development programs preferred.
1. Must possess good character and decision making skills.
2. Must possess a sincere interest in children, maturity, self-control, and sound judgment.
3. Must have working knowledge of positive youth development and positive behavior management skills.
4. Must have the energy and ability to get things done within specific time frames.
5. Must support the organization's mission, vision, and goals.
6. Must uphold the policies and procedures of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio.
7. Possess record keeping skills.
8. Possess skills for communicating clearly and knowledgeably.
9. Possess and demonstrate the ability to function objectively and fairly in all aspects, including discipline.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in an office atmosphere as well as classroom and gymnasium, all areas of the branch facility, and indoor or outdoor athletic fields, and outdoor environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job
Job Type: Part-time