Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To enter data from various source documents into the computer system for processing and data management purposes.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, squatting, and reaching to above shoulder level. Requires occasional climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 20 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Telephone, computer terminal, printer, copy machine, 10-key.
Work Location: Aircraft maintenance hangar, Production Control Booth.
Protective Equipment Required: Ear protection.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working around moving machinery.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Print information when required
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Maintain own office equipment and stationery supplies
Marginal Job Functions:
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Decision making skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.