The Social Media Specialist is the primary staffer to support APAs social media needs, including, but not limited to, the APAs Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube accounts as well as other platforms that may be of use to delivering APAs message. This position is responsible for disseminating APAs messages on all social media channels and tracking and improving performance. In addition, this position assists in coverage of APA and other events, in person and on social media, and is responsible for monitoring accessibility of social media assets as well as APA website. The individual must have strong writing and organizational skills. The Social Media Specialist works with the Senior Social Media Manager on executing strategy, editorial calendar, and campaign planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Social media content development and posting.
- Monitors trends on social.
- Writes and regularly posts new information on APAs main Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube, and Facebook accounts.
- Attends major APA meetings and events and provide social media coverage.
- Assists in development of a best practices document for social media and updates periodically.
- Conducts research both within APA and outside the organization to identify news to share on social media.
- Monitors comments on all APA social media accounts.
- Assists in the coordination of social media events on relevant issues to APA and mental health.
- Works with graphic designer to brainstorm and develop social media friendly visuals.
- Tracks reporters on social media per issues related to APA, members and mental health and provides new contacts to Senior Media Relations Manager.
- Brainstorms ways to better showcase content at APAs Annual Meeting and other functions.
- Becomes Accessibility SME for department.
- Assists in evaluating accessibility of all social media content and collateral for the website on public education pages.
- Collaborates with Web team to keep content up to date for current accessibility guidelines
- Other duties as assigned in support of APA communications outreach.