Guest Services Manager on Duty
The Guest Services Manager works to ensure all event needs are met and the proper staffing is in place. They oversee Ushers, ticket takers and guest operations; they work to ensure events run exceedingly well.
Requirements and Competencies
- Must show excellent customer service skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected scenarios
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.)
- Lead a team of Guest Service staff
- Primary scheduler of guest services for events
- Provide training, excellent onboarding and communicate clearly with all Employees
- Follow all organizational and safety policies and procedures
- Present a positive impression for Duluth and the DECC to everyone
- Remain highly visible and approachable to assist all guests
- Work as a team to perform duties in a professional manner
- Assist patrons to find assigned seats, resolve any concerns or seating issues courteously and effectively
- Assist team and/or other departments with tasks, including light cleaning, moving chairs or signage, and other event related functions
- Maintain safety by being aware of event surroundings and allow authorized access only
- Distribute programs or event information to patrons as needed
- Scan or check tickets at entry and exit points
- Direct patrons as needed
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond quickly and courteously to requests for assistance
- Work with the Box Office Manager and Human Resources to recruit and interview new employees when needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- This position is part-time, up to 28hrs per week, with a schedule based on DECC event needs.
- Daytime, afternoon, and/or evening shifts scheduled on various days of the week, may include some holidays.
Supervisor and oversee part-time Guest Services employees and S.S. William A. Irvin Box Office Attendants.
Will be in varying workspaces based on the needs of each event. The noise level in the work environment may be moderately quiet but will also be very loud on occasion. Earplugs are available for extremely loud events. The responsibilities and pace will vary, and the Usher MOD will need to adapt quickly.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Successful completion of a background check
- Successful completion of a drug test, if applicable
Business casual. Subject to change based on individual events.
The Guest Services Manager should be able to communicate clearly with DECC employees and guests and may often use a radio. They will be regularly required to stand, walk, climb stairs, talk, and hear. The employee should be able to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Authorization and Security Clearance Requirements
The DECC uses USCIS Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee is required to present the DECC with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization at the time of hire. The DECC will examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s).
The list of acceptable documents can be provided by Human Resources.
This position is at will. This means if you are offered the position and accept, your employment with the DECC is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by you or the DECC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this job description or any other policy of the DECC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at will employment status of this position.
The at will employment status of an employee of the DECC may be modified only in a written employment agreement with that employee which is signed by the Executive Director or the Chair of the DECC Board of Directors.
By your signature below, you acknowledge your understanding that your employment with the DECC is at will, and that nothing in this description is intended to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied.
The DECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualification and ability. The DECC does not discriminate in employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. The DECC will follow any state or local law that provides greater protection. This policy is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. The DECC is committed to taking all other actions necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and all other applicable laws.
Box Office Manager
Type of Position
Type of Employment