Developmental Pathways (DP) is looking for Voter Engagement Interns/Advisors to support our Voter Engagement Campaign. Our Interns/Advisors will identify ways to empower individuals with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) around voting processes and issues. These Interns/Advisors to should expect to use their interests and lived experiences with I/DD to engage people with disabilities in the voting process.
Our ideal Interns/Advisors will have interest in at least one of the following areas: politics, social media, learning or teaching, current events, or be able to communicate their interest in this position. They will also have an interest in learning more about the voter process and engaging their community.
- Help brainstorm ideas and/or be featured in social media activities geared towards voting and voter education
- Interact with various community partners as it relates to shared projects
- Be an active participant in virtual activities to get people excited about voting
- Share stories of personal voting experiences with the community
- Identify and develop individualized projects associated with Voter Engagement Efforts
- Communicate in a professional, effective, and respectful manner with persons served, supervisors, other staff, agencies, and organizations; maintain persons served confidentiality
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and others to solve issues and maintain productivity; keep supervisor well informed
- Follow agency-specific guidelines relative to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Complete any training applicable to an internship position
$1,000 stipend for the duration of the temporary assignment
Please note: this is a non-benefitted opportunity
You Belong! To learn more about our commitment to inclusion and diversity, visit our website: https://www.dpcolo.org/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity/