The position is responsible for the overall function and maintenance of an onsite crematory. Specifically, the position will operate the crematory, coordinate delivery of decedent and cremated remains to and from funeral homes, maintain clean and safe work areas and perform other duties as assigned by the Area Manager. The major objectives are to provide the highest quality services and products and to satisfy the needs of all client families. Geographic boundaries for this position may encompass more than one location in a given area of multiple company operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Care and Growth in performing all aspects of position.
2. Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with families, co-workers and management.
3. Remain up-to-date on Paycom reading as assigned.
4. Perform daily scheduling and activities for the crematory.
5. Operate and maintain on-site crematory. Daily monitoring and tracking of crematory activity, environmental and air quality issues. Process and package cremated remains.
6. Coordinate and transfer of decedent and cremated remains to and from chapels and crematory.
7. Maintain required records and documents with a high degree of attention to detail.
8. Perform routine maintenance and care of crematory related equipment and operate to manufactures recommendations.
9. Maintain inventory of crematory supplies.
10. Ensure the physical crematory area, facility, garage and preparation room are clean of debris and maintained in a neat, orderly manner.
11. Where applicable perform dressing, cosmetizing, casketing of decedent for service according to industry standards and practices, technical, safety and sanitary requirements, and corporate direction.
12. Wear and use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times during the performance of the job duties that require such equipment.
13. Comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Newcomer Funeral Service Group Policies and Procedures.
14. Treat decedent with respect and decorum.
15. Maintain clean operating area and equipment and comply with all governing rules and regulations regarding sanitation and hazardous waste.
16. Light housekeeping to keep the facilities and grounds in perfect order. This includes keeping work areas tidy, picking up litter on the grounds and general straightening up.
The above duties are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities for this position, nor are they intended to be a listing of prerequisite skills and abilities. The purpose is to describe the general nature of the position.