Co-Alliance Cooperative is a modern partnership of local agricultural and energy cooperatives with community roots established in the 1920s. We are a service-oriented company, and we seek to make our customers lives easier by being their local resource for the services and products we offer. We also serve our communities and employees by creating a vibrant, positive environment that adds to their quality of life.
Position Overview: The purpose of this position is to safely apply products to a wide range of crops and sites, while operating and maintaining company equipment. This includes building and maintaining customer relations through expert application of crop protection and fertilizer products; providing feedback to customers and location managers, on weeds, insects or fertility problems that are identified during application.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Load, handle, and apply dry and liquid fertilizer, lime, and crop protection products
- Understand and safely operate the application equipment assigned
- Utilize the information and technology supplied in the application equipment to ensure that the right products, at the right rates, are applied and billed to the right fields and customers
- Assist in the mixing, loading, unloading and transporting of crop protection and fertilizer products
- Consistently follow all laws, regulations, and safety rules, including PPE, in handling and applying products and storing chemicals
- Assist with the maintenance of plant and equipment
- Maintain positive communication with the supervisor and grower, as needed
- Assist with scouting, product transportation and various services for producers
- Properly complete necessary paperwork and records