The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is seeking a Director of Online Learning, to oversee the development and execution of a strategy to help scale, sustain and ensure the success of the APA's Division of Education's online learning portfolio. The Director of Online Learning will be accountable for overseeing the development of high-quality online programs, including live online activities and self-paced e-learning enduring products. As an expert in management through influence, this leader works across clinical content and technology to ensure all APA's online educational products deliver the highest value to psychiatrists.
This individual will ensure APA's online learning portfolio is developed within the scope of the organization's strategic goals, psychiatric guidelines, ACCME/ACE/CESA accreditation standards, and required grant deliverables. The Director should function effectively in a highly cooperative team environment, which includes collaborating with faculty subject matter experts. The Director coordinates closely with APA IT to ensure appropriate technology infrastructure for online learning and oversees APA's Learning Management System (LMS). This position is responsible for overseeing a team of individuals whos responsibilities include online learning development, including marketing, budgeting, faculty and staff support, end-use support, and program assessment.
The Director of Online Learning is responsible for designing and measuring learning outcomes via reporting, analysis, and applying a continuous improvement model. This seasoned, flexible, and energetic team player also provides direction to our cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely solutions and successful delivery to meet learners' needs. This position will be a member of the Division of Education's Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program Management: Use project management tools and systems to manage the instructional integrity of more than 250 learning products to ensure quality, effectiveness, and impact of solutionsthe primary owner of the management of APA's Learning Management System (LMS).
- Performance Management: Oversee and support the instructional design team in the development of curriculum content.
- Capacity Building: Manage the promotion, adoption, and successful implementation of innovative online learning technologies. Pursue and deliver innovative strategies to adopt specialized applications and equipment and pedagogy options for internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive Adoption: Design, implement, and oversee the blended learning growth strategy and scale virtual learning to advance educational goals. Experiment with emerging instructional technologies and teaching methodologies.
- Resource Development: Develop resources and services for both staff and SMEs, including tailored training programs, documentation, online reference materials, learning modules, webinars ranging from basic to the advanced application of technology.
- Ensure Long-Term Program Sustainability: Oversee the design, development, and implementation of multiple sustainability strategies.
- Grant Management: Manage and oversee the implementation of educational deliverables for all online grant deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned