**To be considered for the position you must complete our job application directly through our website: https://wnpa.org/join-our-team/.
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Job: Part-Time Retail Park Store Associate Near Paicines, CA
Do you love national parks? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), is seeking a Part-Time Retail Park Store Associate who will assist daily retail operations of the Pinnacles National Park Store near Paicines, CA. The park store is an extension of the national park experience and we pride ourselves on helping park visitors create lifetime memories. Revenue from purchases made at the park store supports education, research, national park projects, and community engagement at 71 national park units across 12 western states.
Our retail operations team is looking for passionate team members who will support all store functions related to running a retail store including but not limited to achieving sales and high customer service ratings. In addition to supporting general store operations, you will be responsible for maintaining positive, productive relationships with our National Park partners. If you love being in national parks and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
Apply Now: Part-Time Retail Park Store Associate Near Paicines, CA
- Support day-to-day retail store operations.
- Provide excellent visitor and customer service.
- Complete sales transactions.
- Assist retail manager(s) as directed with store duties such as inventory, receiving, stocking, cleaning, organizing and merchandising.
- Responsible for clean and effective merchandising of products.
- Become an expert in the educational value of store products and be able to communicate the significance to store visitors.
- Assist with special events, as requested after normal business hours and on weekends.
- Help conduct physical inventory cycle and year-end counts to ensure accurate inventory.
- Act as an ambassador of WNPA and the NPS to ensure park visitors have meaningful and memorable experiences.
This position will have the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily perform work indoors, where temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may become loud during times of high customer volume or special events. Occasional work may be performed outside under natural conditions. Environment will vary when outside work or travel is required.
- Stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day. Desk time is occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Make repetitive motions, especially of the hands and wrist (grasp, pinch, type, write) and legs and back (stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, crouch).
- Regularly climb and balance to hang merchandise and retrieve product.
- Communicate effectively (talk, listen and hear, see both near and far with accurate depth and color perception).
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull up to 50 pounds a distance of about 25 feet.
Occasional travel may be required to various local events or speaking engagements. Occasional overnight trips may be required. Additionally, may be required to use personal or company vehicles.