Job Details
Graduate Degree
$28.85 Hourly

The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) or CFY Intern is responsible for assisting families in gaining access to needed services and supports as outlined in the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP). The SLP is responsible for assessing, diagnosing, treating and helping to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in children 0-3 years old. This person is the speech contact for each family assigned and must have considerable knowledge for speech delayed and/or communication disorders in children (0-3), medical treatment facilities, and community resources. These duties include the following activities: tracking of deadlines, coordination of and participation in initial and ongoing developmental assessments, program planning and communicating with an interdisciplinary team regarding progress and changes as needed with child, and providing direct services in the childs natural environment requiring speech therapy services. Must be effective at engaging and training parents on treatments and strategies needs to assist in their childs progression and development. Organizational skills are required in order to plan and prioritize work effectively. Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative relations with colleagues and parents. Must be proficient with computers and programs such as Excel, Word, Google Drive, and Promedda in order to prepare and maintain documentation, tracking deadlines and chart records of the children and familys needs. Documentation should meet Medicaid and state requirements. Review medical information and documents findings. Be able to work individually or with a team as needed to provide quality services. Will attend one training a year to continue expanding knowledge and treatment plans for specialties. Will attend all staff meetings and trainings. Will maintain a minimum yearly CEUs to maintain their licensures. Responsible for assisting in training new staff as needed. Travel is required 80% of the. Employee is required to use their personal vehicle and/or an agency/rental vehicle. All employees are required to have a personal vehicle available for work purposes and maintain current, valid vehicle liability on the personal vehicle. Personal vehicle usage is subject to Center authorized mileage reimbursement rates.