The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Executive Leadership Team and managing the organization’s D.C. office operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a collaborative and dynamic environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The candidate must have a commitment to the mission of Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area (LSSNCA). LSSNCA has been operating for over a century.
- Provides hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Answers main phone line and respond to inquiries.
- Processes and distributes daily mail.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; makes judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritizes and determines the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Works closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Anticipates CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Maintains open communications with the Leadership team.
- Coordinates agenda, scheduling, and notetaking for all Leadership team meetings, retreats, and staff meetings.
- Works with the Vice President of Operations and Vice President of Development and Communications to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Manages all aspects of LSSNCA’s D.C. office. Evaluates and assists in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipates future needs as the organization grows.
- Assists in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
- Replenishes office materials such as printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Provides event management support as requested.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two (2) years of prior experience working in an office setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have an ability to provide excellent and compassionate customer service
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high level of confidentiality
- Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions.
- Active motor vehicle license.
- Maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage.
- Successful pass background check and drug screen.
- Physical and TB Test required
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Just Some of the Amazing Benefits Offered:
- Fun, Friendly Work Environment
- Flexible Work Schedule with Teleworking Available
- Paid Training
- Health, Dental and vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement and Flexible Spending Account
- 401K and Match Options Available
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Accrued Time Off
- Two (2) Floating Holidays Yearly
- Reimbursable Expenses
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or military service.