Business Reference Librarian
Cleary University seeks a Business Reference Librarian who will provide purpose, leadership, and management of a small business library. The successful candidate will work closely with academic leadership and supporting units to engage in student support initiatives and lead the library toward the future needs of Cleary University undergraduate and graduate students. The successful candidate will have experience developing, coordinating, and delivering face-to-face and online instructional programs, engaging in student outreach support services, and promoting library resources to student populations.
Candidates must have a proven record of successful collaboration with faculty and campus administrators; and demonstrated dedication to student success. Successful candidates will be hired as faculty (unranked, non-tenure). Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Cleary University faculty contract.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver face-to-face and online instructional programs.
- Create digital learning objects (such as videos, tutorials, content, and infographics) for use in-person, online, and in blended environments.
- Lead the development, lifecycle, and curricular integration of research guides and other digital learning resources into appropriate platforms such as the library website and the University’s learning management system (Canvas).
- Develop, coordinate, and assess the library’s role in student success for all students.
- Maintain the library’s web presence ensuring user-friendly and intuitive access to online Library resources and services.
- Manage the life cycle of electronic resources, including databases, e-books, streaming video, and serials.
- Coordinate the activities needed to support user access to e-resources.
- Conduct reference services in ground and online.
- Purchase, deselect, and analyze, and manage the overall collection.
- Identify, evaluate, and stay current with emerging trends, resources, practices and standards in electronic resource management, usage statistics, data management, access, and discovery to enhance library services.
- Troubleshoot minor technology issues.
- Engage in teaching activities including classroom instruction, research guides creation and maintenance, tutorials, and other learning objects.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Dean.