Responsible for supervision of conference management team and for the development, management and oversight of conference education and events as assigned by the Director of Events and Member Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a conference management team of 5 as direct reports; includes (2) Event Program Managers, (2) Event Coordinators and (1) Show Floor Manager; conduct weekly check ins to track event progress, budget management, timeline, deliverables, problem solve; provide support for career development and success at job.
- Manages IFAI’s Annual Expo to include all education, speakers and website content as well as assist in the overall program management from origination to execution; works directly with respective organizing committees to establish goals, event format(s), marketing initiatives and audience development that focus on reaching determined goals. Full oversight and strategy for IFAI Expo is provided by the Director of Events and Member Programs.
- Directly manages 2 – 3 conferences or other mid-size events each year.
- Partners with Event Accountant and other stake holders to roll out registration for events.
- Collaborates with marketing team to coordinate promotional efforts to maximize all opportunities to distribute event and registration information to drive attendance, hotel use and increase exhibitor participation.
- Works with marketing team to develop pre-event, onsite and post-event promotions, including registration materials, signage, speaker templates, handouts, etc.
- Drives website updates based on marketing efforts.
- Handles RFPs for respective events, including: site selection, decorator, audio-visuals, and other vendor-related services based on event needs.
- Oversees onsite meeting logistics, including: staff, volunteers, registration, hotel, vendors, speakers, etc.
- With assistance executes sponsor benefits at events.
- Serves as department middle management lead – point person for department and training.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Travel – 10%.