Smalley is currently looking for a Assistant Plant Manager 3rd shift! In this role, you will be responsible for providing leadership, coaching and discipline across multiple manufacturing and distribution groups during shift.
- Works closely with Shop and Operations and HR leadership on employee engagement.
- Works closely with HR on all work center personnel related issues
- Maintains a work environment that meets company, state and federal safety and employment guidelines
- Performs daily safety walks to ensure all safety procedures are in compliance
- Routinely has a floor presence and interacts daily with Supervisors and Operations Associates
- Periodically monitors parking lot throughout the shift
- Works to resolve problems and troubleshoots issues as they arise without the direction of upper management
- Responds quickly and practically to emergencies, crisis or unexpected problems during the shift
- Resolve any concerns voiced by employees
- Keeps supervisors and upper level management apprised of daily operations
- Actively participates in new hire onboarding
- Processes paperwork for HR or upper management as require
- Work closely with production control and 1st/2nd shift leadership to drive a smooth transition between shifts
- Drive production output and ensure goals are met
- Promotes and ensures positive and effective employee engagement
- 5+ years of previous team management experience
- Experience working in a 2nd or 3rd shift manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma
- Ability to apply discretion with confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
This job operates in a manufacturing environment and employees are required to wear personal protective equipment such as steel-toed shoes, safety goggles and hearing protection.
Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What we offer:
Smalley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) savings plan with company match; profit sharing, health, dental, vision. Company paid life insurance, STD and LTD; supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and 10 company paid holidays.
Smalley is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at: www.smalley.com/careers
*Should you need further assistance to apply to any of our job postings or have any general questions, please contact us at 847-719-5900.