1. Contacts collateral contacts to assist SW in Discharge Planning. Collateral contacts include: community resources, referral sources, family, social service agencies, insurance companies etc.
2. Clarifies/corrects information as necessary for discharge planning
3. Gives clinical information to collateral contacts (under patient consent decree) as documented in the medical record
4. Contributes to process improvement of the role
5. Finds resources that will take patients insurance
8. Gives clinical information to payers (demographics, problems, history, need for meds, etc.) as documented in the medical record
9. Participates in family and provider meetings to develop a continuing care plan for the patient leaving treatment
10. Attends treatment team meetings when indicated
11. Documents in the medical record.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
1. Self-directing in approach to tasks
2. Strong organizational skills
3. Strong interpersonal skills
4. Strong time management skills
5. Goal oriented and accountable
6. Familiarity with psychiatric patients, substance abuse clients, adolescents
7. Familiarity with levels of care and clinical criteria for appropriate aftercare placement
8. Familiarity with collateral contacts, community resources and placement/referral processes
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Word is beneficial
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor degree in human services required; BSW is preferred. Knowledge of community resources and familiarity with mental illness and substance use is required.
PHYSICAL CRITERIA: Must be able to climb stairs, use phone, use computer
REPORTS TO: Manager of Social Services