Bennett Thrasher, currently ranked among the largest CPA firms in the U.S., is a premier provider of professional tax, assurance, consulting, and wealth management services to businesses and high net worth individuals. Consistently named one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work for in the United States by Accounting Today, Bennett Thrasher offers the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while also providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for an Assistant Controller position for the firm.
- Assist in accounting for the monthly and annual close for the Firm and affiliate companies’ financial statements. Ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial information for internal clients as well as executive management
- Providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports and analyses
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances
- Working with the company financial team to develop strong control processes to minimize risk and ensure accuracy
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger and account reconciliation process
- Coordinating or assisting with the budget process
- Cross train on A/P and billing functions, providing backup and support as needed.
- Ensuring all accounting practices are following guidelines and established accounting principles
- Assisting with billing and tax documentation preparation
- Collaborating with the IT department to maintain financial records and system processes. Data review and management of the Firm’s Practice Management Software (STAR)
- Identifying solutions to discrepancies in financial records and recommendations on accounting system opportunities for improvement
- Ad hoc projects as assigned