Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the Company’s reporting framework, including but not limited to the following: lead the preparation of a zero-based annual budget, prepare the monthly budget variance reports and lead the monthly variance meetings with departmental heads. The Financial Analyst will also create and prepare the Company’s monthly reporting package, BOD packages, weekly flash and weekly ELT KPI package, help improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting processes, assist in the monthly close processes, work closely with the executive team, purchasing department and support various corporate initiatives by performing ad-hoc analyses.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing or walking for extended periods of time. Requires repetitive hand movement. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
Equipment Operated: Telephone, personal computer, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine.
Work Location: MIS Office, computer room, various offices/departments throughout facility.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working around moving machinery.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Create the annual budget by preparing the budget package and templates to be disseminated to the various business leaders.
- Prepare, build and document the budget assumptions.
- Work directly with the various business leaders to educate and support them in completing their budgets.
- Must have previous working knowledge / experience with Cash Flow, Balance Sheet and Income Statement modeling
- Identify and accumulate the key financial and operational data/metrics needed to create the budget package, various detailed budget build ups and analysis.
- Assist the business leaders in incorporating the key data/metrics into their detailed budget build ups.
- Research various issues for the different business leaders.
- Roll up and analyze the various iterations of the annual budget.
- Assist in presenting the budget as needed
- Monitor performance by preparing a monthly budget variance report.
- Meet monthly with business leaders to review the budget variances.
- Research and investigate the various budget variance issues and assist the business leaders in taking corrective actions.
- Work with the various business leaders and departments to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the Company’s reporting framework.
- Diligently review data and project manage (identify, track, communicate, and prioritize/escalate the remediation) it’s overall improvement.
- Prepare and analyze key variances in the Company’s monthly reporting package
- Prepare and maintain the weekly reporting for the ELT meeting, Key Performance Indicator and weekly flash report
- Lead the preparation of BOD materials and assist in presenting
- Work with management, sales, accounting, IT and operations (divisional heads, estimators and project managers) to design and implement a standardized best in class process for monitoring the performance of individual jobs (fixed bid & T&M). The monitoring program should be inclusive of the following:
- Service Lines - Monitoring the performance of different service lines as a whole
- Large Projects – Monitoring the entire job life cycle of critical individual jobs (estimating, kick-off, work in progress, billing, close out billing, postmortem analysis and payment of commissions).
- Large Customers - The program should monitor the overall statistics and contribution of certain large customers.
- Real Time – The monitoring should be as real time as possible to ensure timely corrective actions are taking place.
- Post-Mortems – The program should include a standardized process to ensure adequate and timely critical individual job postmortems are taking place that ultimately leads to the key players receiving timely and meaningful feedback.
Initiatives & Other
- Assist the company’s business leaders in analyzing the financial viability of new business initiatives.
- Monitor and assess the financial success of new and existing business initiatives.
- Promote a culture of fact-based decision making.
- Evaluate and analyze capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records and financial statements.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, Personal Protective Equipment compliance and equipment operation requirements
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.