Bennett Thrasher, currently ranked among the largest CPA firms in the U.S., is a premier provider of professional tax, assurance, consulting, and wealth management services to businesses and high net worth individuals. Consistently named one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work for in the United States by Accounting Today, Bennett Thrasher offers the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while also providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee our organization's ongoing and ever-evolving operations and procedures.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for managing all operational aspects of the firm. The COO assists the Managing Partner and Service Line Leaders in management strategy and contributes to the development of the firm's strategic goals. This role serves as an integral member of the management team.
The COO provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the firm has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The ideal candidate operates with a servant leadership mindset and is a highly motivated, accountable, results-oriented individual with the ability to work effectively in a high energy, entrepreneurial environment.
- Provide leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the purpose, vision, and values of the firm
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set broad goals for firm performance and growth
- Oversees compliance activities for the firm
- Standardizes office procedures and systems and establishes policies that promote company culture and vision
- Partners with other executive leaders (IT, Finance, Marketing, HR, etc.): accounting functions (including the preparation of monthly financial statements, billing, accounts receivable and cash flow), marketing efforts and management of CRM system, technology, facility management, (including vendors and contracts), etc
- Evaluate firm performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Timely and consistent reporting of all matters of importance to the Managing Partner
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Recommends system revisions and implements new forms and procedures as necessary in consultation with the Managing Partner
- Supervision and coordination of insurance coverages and risk management issues
- Lead multiple projects in fast-paced environment
- Other duties as assigned