About Pathway Capital Management, LP
Formed in 1991, Pathway Capital Management, is a leading private market fund-of-funds manager that provides private market portfolio solutions for institutional investors across the globe. With more than $75 billion of assets under management, Pathway is considered one of the largest fund-of-funds managers in the industry and boasts a market-leading investment team in terms of experience and stability. Pathway creates and manages single- and multi-investor private market programs that invest in private equity, private credit, and/or infrastructure across primaries, secondaries, co-investments, and/or direct credits.
Pathway manages capital on behalf of some of the largest corporate and public pension plans, government entities, and financial institutions around the globe. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Pathway also has offices in Rhode Island, London, and Hong Kong.
Pathway seeks to recruit a:
VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & CONSULTANT RELATIONS
The position would be based in either the firm’s Providence, Rhode Island or Irvine, California office, but a remote location would also be considered. The successful candidate is expected to play a significant role in developing and strengthening relationships with field and research consultants, and to a lesser extent with plan sponsors, with the ultimate goal of raising new capital.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with consulting firms, and to a lesser extent prospective plan sponsors, with the ultimate goal of winning new private market mandates across our private equity, private credit, and infrastructure offerings.
- Arranging, coordinating, and participating directly in business development meetings on a regular basis.
- Providing input on marketing strategy development and new product development.
- Assisting with the idea generation for the firm’s marketing collateral and other content.
- Providing input on the design of relevant updates about the firm and its products for investors.
- A strong and verifiable track record of raising capital from consultants and plan sponsors.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in a private market sales position, although similar experience in other asset classes will also be considered.
- Strong communication skills, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial work habits. The candidate must be resourceful, organized, a self-starter, and must possess a strong ability to source and close new business.
- Willingness to spend considerable time including travel (i.e., several times per month) with consultants, and to a lesser extent plan sponsors.
- A collaborative approach including the ability to work closely with the firm’s existing sales and marketing team, as well as the firm’s senior investment professionals.
- Ability to fit into the culture of the firm, which places significant value on teamwork, integrity, strong work ethic, and exceptional client service.
- Although not mandatory, an MBA or CFA is preferable.
Compensation and Benefits
Given the importance of the position and the necessity to attract an outstanding individual, Pathway is prepared to offer a competitive base salary, a performance-based bonus opportunity, and generous benefits.
It is our policy to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, or other protected classifications.
In order to be considered for any position, please fully complete the online application through our website.