This position will remain open until filled. Those individuals submitting materials by Thursday, November 18, 2021, will be given first consideration.
As a member of the Library District’s Leadership Team, this position directs the development and delivery of public services in library buildings, Library on Wheels, online, and in the community. This includes programming online and in community libraries to assure the long-term efficiency, quality, and effectiveness of service to our diverse customers of the Library District. Works closely with the Executive Director in the administration and operations of the District.
Sno-Isle Libraries is a large, two-county library district in the beautiful north Puget Sound region of Washington State. District boundaries stretch from rugged timberlands to suburban centers, from rolling farmlands to the ocean vistas. Set in the fastest-growing corner of the state, Sno-Isle Libraries serves more than 770,000 residents through 23 community libraries, online services, Library on Wheels, and our website at www.sno-isle.org.
Note: This position requires submission of a cover letter along with the online application.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lead the development and implementation of all public services including staff, services, and partnerships that embed the principles of equity and inclusion.
- Lead district-wide public services including the operation of all community libraries and delivery of services and programs appropriate and inclusive for the ages and interests of the District's customers.
- Lead the team of District Managers who oversee library managers in the development, review, and implementation of initiatives to achieve library services consistent with the Library District's vision, mission, values, and goals and embed the principles of equity, access, and inclusion.
- Participate as a member of the Library District's Leadership team by providing broad thinking as it pertains to library service and operation.
- Engage in effective community relations and library promotion activities to enhance and strengthen the position of the libraries in their communities.
- Participate in the development of annual operating and capital budgets; monitor departmental expenditures to maintain fiscal integrity.
- Provide effective direction to assigned staff to assure library services for the District and its customers are high quality, accessible, inclusive, and equitable.
- Oversee the management of assigned consultants, vendors, and grants.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- May act in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and workshops to support learning and development.
- Train new staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position reports to the Executive Director. Reporting to the position are District Managers who direct the work of library managers and program coordinators.