Please note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is legally eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Pathway Capital Management, LP, is a leading investment management firm that creates, monitors and manages specialized private equity funds of funds for institutional investors worldwide.
We are always excited to learn more about candidates who are interested in joining our highly collaborative team. We are currently searching for a:
Legal Document Specialist
About the position
Pathway is looking for a Legal Document Specialist to join our corporate legal team in Irvine. This role is expected to assist our current team with managing, completing and delivering on all aspects of the legal transactions required for large scale complex private market investment portfolios.
Please note - This position does not involve litigation. It is primarily focused on contract creation, transactions and filings.
This is a highly interactive position that partners with our staff of attorneys and other legal support to prepare document-intensive legal transactions in a fast-paced environment to manage all aspects of our client contracts, entity formation and management, private equity investment closings, amendments, confidentiality agreements, and securities compliance filings. This position requires the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, frequently adjusting to shifting deadlines and conflicting priorities.
Specifically, the Legal Document Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Manage investment partnership closings consisting of completion of subscription agreements, responding to all AML/KYC requests by providing highly confidential documents, obtaining sign-offs and signatures and submitting voluminous closing packages on time.
- Managing client closings consisting of the coordination of multiple agreements, communicating internal comments on such agreements, collaborating on AML/KYC requirements and assembling signature packages for execution by company executives.
- Formation/Registration of LLC and LP entities and feeder funds.
- Maintaining minute books for corporate governance.
- Following well-established procedures to adhere to client specific investment requirements.
- Adding information to company databases and disseminating particulars to other departments.
- Drafting and redlining documents as needed.
- Liaising with employees, all levels of management, clients and business partners to facilitate the completion of daily workflow.
- Copying, distributing, logging and filing legal documents electronically.
- Position hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with occasional overtime.
About the team
- This position is part of a thirteen-member corporate legal department consisting of eight attorneys and five legal document specialists.
College degree required
Paralegal certificate a significant plus, but not required.
7+ years of experience in a professional office environment.
Effective time management skills to accomplish multiple tasks and continually shifting deadlines.
Strong organizational skills.
Project management skills.
Accuracy, professionalism and thoroughness in all aspects of the job.
Outstanding letter composition and writing skills.
Collaborative and engaging team player.
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with some experience working with PowerPoint.
All regular full-time employees at Pathway Capital Management, LP enjoy a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage is provided at a low cost to our employees, with the option to add Voluntary Life/AD&D, Voluntary Hospital or Accident, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Pathway observes 10 holidays per year. All regular full-time employees are eligible for holiday pay.
Pathway provides an additional 4 days paid Holiday Time Off during the weeks of Christmas or New Year’s Day to regular full-time employees