Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As the Food Safety Coordinator, you'll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
The Food Safety Coordinator is part of the Food Safety Quality Assurance Team and collaboratively supports the company strategic plan. The Food Safety Coordinator is responsible for managing Food Safety and Quality Documentation, participating in managing supplier approvals, new item development, creating accurate nutritional and specification documents, and managing other food safety documentation requirements. The Food Safety Coordinator actively participates in the necessary work to facilitate and maintain Organic Certification in Portland, Kent, and Prepared Foods divisions. The Food Safety Coordinator facilitate and participates in training on food safety topics including new-hire orientation and refresher training as needed.
What you'll do...
- Assist Director and Buyers with Supplier Documentation
- New Vendor documents (all divisions)
- Work with PF buyers and suppliers on ingredient changes and specification information
- Review and approve supplier documents via ReposiTrak
- Assist the Director in Customer Requirements
- Respond to customer documentation requests
- Upload documents to customer portals
- Works with the Director on completing customer food safety questionnaires
- Supply product specifications as requested
- Organic Certification
- Manage the MPL and MIL for PDX, KE, and PF
- Use Produce Pro reports to conduct a periodic review of current organic items and suppliers
- Work with Buyers to obtain missing supplier certifications
- Participate in Organic Audit
- New PF Item
- Recipe Review
- Sourcing ingredient spec sheets
- Creating nutritional labeling and ingredient statements
- Creating product specifications
- Uploading docs and images to the Monday.com site for review and approval
- Provide training on GMP and other Food Safety topics to current PCF employees
- Other tasks as assigned (helped with staffing needs in PF QA etc.)
What we look for...
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field preferred but not required
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and plan and carry out projects with well-defined goals and outcomes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Good judgment and the awareness of potential financial impact of decisions
- Ability to act with honesty and integrity and perform work at a level which promotes a positive image of Pacific Coast Fruit Company within the organization and the marketplace
- Model and communicate the Company's Vision, Mission, & Values
- Proficiency in MS Office products, with emphasis in Excel
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Immediate access to earned wages through Daily Pay
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program