Bennett Thrasher, currently ranked among the largest CPA firms in the U.S., is a premier provider of professional tax, assurance, consulting, and wealth management services to businesses and high net worth individuals. Consistently named one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work for in the United States by Accounting Today, Bennett Thrasher offers the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while also providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Help Desk Analyst position for the firm
The Help Desk Analyst’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.