- HS Diploma or GED required.
- 40+ college hours preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in youth development preferred.
- Must be able to work with inner-city youth.
- Must possess good character and decision-making skills.
- Must possess a sincere interest in children, maturity, self-control, and sound judgment.
- Must have working knowledge of positive youth development and positive behavior management skills.
- Must have the energy, initiative and ability to get things done within specific time frames.
- Must support the organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Must uphold the policies and procedures of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio.
- Possess skills for communicating clearly and knowledgeably.
- Must be able to prepare and keep records organized.
- Demonstrated ability to make objective decisions and fairly discipline.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a school atmosphere such as a classroom, gymnasium, all facility areas, indoor/outdoor athletic fields, and outdoor environments.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.