JOB SUMMARY/ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT:
The Desk Adjuster is responsible for supporting insurance claims activity and to assist in the resolution of all types of claim related complaints and inquiries.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Adhere to all PCS guidelines and as well as insurance client’s guidelines concerning, but not limited to the following: work conduct, customer service, policy, claims process, estimate writing, and claim closures as they relate to given claim assignment. This will ensure PCS’ working relationship with our client(s) as well as the adjuster’s working relationship with us.
- Provide quality customer service to all assigned, insured claimants throughout the claims process to ensure timely contact with the insured.
- Answer questions as they arise from a hot line number. To include documenting/logging calls and report call volume to management.
- Review open/closed claims
- Update Human Resources and deployment staff concerning current experience, licenses gained/renewed, certifications earned, and any other pertinent contact information. This will help PCS maintain a current and accurate view of our adjuster base and the skill set it offers.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.