Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As a Split Case Order Selector, you'll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and previous order selectors have gone on to work in a wide variety of roles including forklift operator, delivery driver, supervisor, warehouse manager, account manager, buyer, and more.
What you'll do...
- Fill orders using a picking sheet and/or wearable for all pounds and eaches
- Build pallets and tag them appropriately
- Operate a pallet jack to pull additional product as needed
- Par and restock item racks
- Pull stock for broken inventory
- Work cooperatively with checkers to fix errors
- Stack produce cases
- Clean warehouse
- Put leftover inventory back in warehouse stock when finished
- Other duties may be assigned
What we look for...
- Passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to use and understand portable communications within a warehouse environment.
- Previous electric pallet jack experience is preferred
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment safely and professionally
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to speak, read and write in English in order to understand and process paperwork.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50# repeatedly
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Immediate access to earned wages through Daily Pay
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program