JOB SUMMARY/ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT:
An independent, insurance property adjuster, who works primarily on losses resulting from sudden and accidental events, to serve as a representative of our insurance company clients. S/he will provide timely customer/insured contact, investigation of claim via physical inspection as well as via verbal interaction with the insured, writing of estimate according to the guidelines and coverage provided by insured’s insurance policy as well as settlement of claim.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Adhere to all PCS guidelines and as well as insurance client’s guidelines concerning, but not limited to the following: work conduct, customer service, policy, claims process, estimate writing, and claim closures as they relate to given claim assignment. This will ensure PCS’ working relationship with our client(s) as well as the adjuster’s working relationship with us.
- Consult with field support team, including but not limited to claim manager(s), quality control, file review, team lead (both PCS and client, if assigned), and Adjuster Relations team, in an effort to receive support specific to the assigned storm assignment.
- Provide quality customer service to all assigned, insured claimants throughout the claims process to ensure timely contact with the insured.
- Inspect claimant(s) property with the use of proper attire/appearance/equipment to ensure safe working conditions as well as to maintain the image of the insurance company for which adjuster is contracted to provide insurance adjusting services.
- Perform estimating of claims in designated software as required by either PCS or client needs in order to accurately and efficiently produce both the claim estimate as well as the client invoice, which PCS uses to bill the clients.
- Update Human Resources and deployment staff concerning current experience, licenses gained/renewed, certifications earned, and any other pertinent contact information. This will help PCS maintain a current and accurate view of our adjuster base and the skill set it offers.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.