RISE Early Intervention is a growing organization that provides support to families of children birth to three years of age with disabilities or special developmental needs, helping them to build on their child's strengths, and to enhance and promote the child's growth, development and learning skills in their natural environment
We are currently seeking a Bilingual English/Spanish Developmental Specialist Interventionist for our AzEIP Program to be a part of the EI Core Team. The Core Team is composed of the following disciplines: Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, and Developmental Specialists. The Arizona Early Intervention Program provides support to families of children birth to three years of age with disabilities or special developmental needs, assisting them on learning developmental skills such as gross motor, fine motor, language, and facilitate engagement in activities, routines and events of everyday life.
RELEVANT INFORMATION: This is an independent contract position. This contract will be covering a case load in West Valley locations in Maricopa county of Arizona (suburbs Goodyear, Avondale, Buckeye, Peoria, Surprise, Sun City to name a few.)
- Developmental Specialists will work as part of a comprehensive multidisciplinary team in order to provide evaluations, assessments, planning, and on going services in collaborations with the child's family and other community representatives.
- Demonstrate knowledge in AzEIP and DDD policies and Professionalism, Child Development, Family Professional Partnerships, Teaming, Assessment and Evaluation, Planning and Intervention.
- Developmental Specialist participate in one-on-one sessions.
- Supports and services are conducted in a natural environment (typically home, daycare, park, etc.) in context of the family's typical routines and activities so that information is meaningful and directly relevant to supporting the child.
- Flexible schedule, willing to work evenings or weekends, as needed for service provision to families.