The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 3 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Data QA Specialist will perform a wide range of tasks to maintain the integrity of CIR data. Tasks will include data query and analysis, resolution of data quality issues and development of reports to inform BOI initiatives.
• Participate in activities to improve CIR data quality. Activities include immunization data correction, demographic update, merging of duplicate records identified by providers and BOI internal staff, and unmerging of falsely merged records.
• Conduct query and analysis of CIR data to track data accuracy and completeness by demographics, vaccine and healthcare facility type, and other variables.
• Work closely with internal teams and IT developers to plan, implement and evaluate protocols related to CIR data quality assurance.
• Coordinate ongoing de-duplication projects and collaborate with internal teams to investigate data quality issues.
• Participate in testing of enhancements to CIR applications used for record lookup, facility registration, and other internal applications.
• Perform tasks to allow vaccine recipients to obtain a NYC CIR vaccination record or NYS Excelsior Pass.
• Prepare reports and presentations using CIR data.
• Perform other tasks including provider outreach and activities to assist with BOI outbreak response efforts.